Please see our enrichment timetable below for regular weekly sessions before 和 after school. There will also be a number of other initiatives across the year led by departments that will be advertised through lessons, 教室和集会.
教育旅行被广泛用于提升课程和扩展经验. 之前的旅行包括剧院, 音乐活动, 汉普顿宫, 大学, 比赛, 英语浸入式的日子, 科技之旅, 艺术画廊, 摄影探险, 地理和生物实地考察，数学PGL和滑雪旅行.
- From Year 11 we elect students leaders 和 one of their roles is to head up the school council with representatives from every form class. 这是一个由各年级学生组成的忠诚团队, 谁在会议上代表学生团体的意见. 教职员在各种各样的问题上寻求学生的反馈, 学生也因此形成了学校的政策和程序. Elected School councilors represent the school at the Richmond School Student Council who contribute to local decisions.
- Around April in Year 10 our students apply for prefect positions for the following year. Approximately 75% of students have a role such as Year 7 buddy, music prefect or canteen prefect.
- Within form classes the students are elected to roles that include: council rep; eco rep; charity rep 和 sports captain.
- The house system offers significant leadership opportunities through the role of house captains.
- 大约75%的九年级学生, 10号和11号完成了爱丁堡公爵奖的铜牌, 很多人都获得了银奖.
- All Year 11 students have the opportunity to achieve the Waldegrave Mayor’s Award (through volunteering their time 和 by completing a challenge)
- 所有学生都积极参与家庭或学校的慈善工作. Each house has their own charity 和 we also support national campaigns 和 international campaigns. 筹款活动贯穿全年，包括有趣的活动. As well as raising money the students take an interest in the activities of the charities t嘿 support 和 also engage with the community through harvest boxes, 去拜访博狗体育手机app的老邻居.
- 瓦德博狗体育官网参加各种各样的体育比赛和比赛. 学生通过社团参与. Some of our most popular sports are rugby, football, netball, rounders, 和 athletics, cross country.
- Clubs 和 Activities: Activities vary year on year as the offer relies much on staff volunteering their time. These are usually timetabled for after school 和 the schedule is publicised on the school website. I
- Students who study music may opt to have lessons from our peripatetic teachers during the school day (on a paid basis)
- Gifted linguists in Year 9 have the opportunity to study a second language (Spanish or German) after school (on a paid basis)
- Opportunities come up during the year where students can step up 和 challenge themselves. Examples are through the BBC新闻报道; the Rotary Young chef; 和 比赛 in art; photography; debating; science 和 design as well as the great Waldegrave Bake-off.
During Year 12 (Wednesday afternoons) students are offered a choice each term to widen knowledge of the arts 和 cultural events; to be involved in sports or exercise for fun; to develop a special interest through a club or society; to engage in community project or fundraising activities. Many activities are facilitated by our own staff but some exploit benefits of wider partnerships with coaches 和 external visitors. 这个项目包括一系列的竞技体育项目, 这个男孩的橄榄球队是由当地一家Twickenham公司赞助的, 在印刷的时候是这个赛季不败的! 博狗体育手机app也成立了女子橄榄球队和中六无挡板球队.
The EPQ carries UCAS points equivalent to half an A level 和 each student can elect to complete the course. It is not taught in classes but students have a mentor 和 some group teaching is done during the study periods. 课程从秋季开始，一直持续到13日元的复活节.
Waldegrave 六年级 values voluntary 服务 和 students are expected to complete a minimum of 30 hours, 从而发展他们的社区意识, 责任, 领导与道德目的. 博狗体育手机app与小学建立了地方联系, 住宅, 和慈善商店, 举几个例子.
In 六年级 a small but significant team of students are elected to develop leadership skills through representing that student body. These students are elected in Year 12 和 form an important part of the whole school council 和 student voice in the sixth form. Sixth form students are invited to volunteer to represent the school at events throughout the year such as the sixth form open evening 和 Year 11 information evening.